Pages

June 17, 2011

Droppin' Knowledge: Money

Mo money, mo problems. Less money, mo problems. Cash Ruins Everything Around Me, CREAM, Dolla Dolla Will Kill Yall. The mere existence of money causes problems. At the same time, everything we have on this Earth is a affected by money. It's weird even taking a stance on this, because you really can't. Look at the rich and the wealthy, they'll tell you that they aren't happy. At the same time, are poor people happy? Are even middle class people happy? We tend to create attachment to things such as money, when in plain reality there is nothing to gain from having it. But there is lots to lose from not having it...which creates a weird paradigm between money and us, the people who obtain it.

To me, as long as I have enough money to live life at a satisfying pace (satisfying being subjective), then I'm fine. I don't want to be rich. If I want something and it costs too much, then oh well. I've learned that nothing in this world is truly worth the money. Period. I might buy something I want, and I find enjoyment in it for an extended amount of time, but at the end of the day I would be perfectly fine without it.

This excludes the necessities of life of course. "Necessities" however, has become somewhat subjective as well. Not including the obvious food, water, shelter, etc, what I consider a necessity (like internet), might not be a necessity to you. Money comes into this equation because it's the only way to maintain these necessities.

So what do you do? Spend your whole life trying to stack your paper to the ceiling? Or just do whatever makes you happy, no matter how much money comes with it?

Answer: A bit of both, honestly. It's just the world we live in. I believe in doing what makes you happy, but make sure it's something that will bring you long time happiness (or satisfaction if happiness is too cheesy) and income. How much happiness? That's up to you. Same with the income.

So if I confused you throughout this, I understand. My stance on money is really hard to explain. Basically, It's good for us, and it's bad for us. We just gotta find a way to make it work for us, instead of working for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment