Pages

June 30, 2011

Droppin' Knowledge: Earphones, Earbuds, and Headphones

There’s no true superior in these three different types of ways to listen to your music. How you choose to listen is all up to personal preference. For some they’re all in the same. For others, there’s a whole world of debate open. Then there’s my opinion. And I’ll have to side with headphones.

Why? Because they provide the best sound quality, and ensure that you always maintain that sound quality. Added to the fact that they can be very stylish depending on the brand. The only problems I have with them is that they can be hard to manage, and they can pricey – Beats by Dr. Dre can cost almost $599. But I always say you pay for what you get, and if you pay for $599 headphones expect $599 sound. 

Conversely, earphones and earbuds (I have a hard time distinguishing the two) are extremely convenient; you can wear them almost anywhere, and they go right in, and come right out. The problem I constantly have with earphones/buds is that they will not stay in my ear. At all. I don’t know what it is, but whenever I try some earbuds out, they just jump out of my ears seconds after. On top of that, they break very easily and provide pretty weak sound quality compared to headphones.

But they’re CHEAP! And that’s a great thing, because they definitely fit the price. Like I said earlier, what you pay for is what you get, so whatever suits your preference is what’s right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment